Tier I Technician
We are looking for a Tier I Support Agent of Awesomeness to assist in serving over 300 clients with needs ranging from simple (an iPad) to the complex (a full Active Directory infrastructure with VLANs and multiple WAN connections).
We're looking for that person that gets up in the morning and says, "Hey! I want to fix stuff, make people happy, and get paid for it!" We have a relaxed and fun culture, but we work very hard to make (and keep) our customers happy.
This position is the first point of contact in our workflow - you will answer the phones and manage incoming tickets, then work the issue to the best of your abilities and escalate it if necessary. This position requires EXCELLENT people and communication skills first, and IT troubleshooting skills second. Patience is not only a virtue, it is also a requirement for this position.
This position also requires some "bench work" - take apart a computer, upgrade RAM, duplicate a hard drive, troubleshoot bad hardware, etc.
We support a wide variety of clients with an array of different setups and configurations. We track this information in a consistent way, so that we are able to deliver excellent service when the phone rings and the client has an issue. We pride ourselves on being friendly, smart, communicative, and efficient in providing our clients with top-notch tech support. We work remotely and on-site in order to provide quick turn-around for problems.
Are you new to IT? That's great! As long as you want to help people and have a passion for learning the ins-and-outs of all-things-technical, you would be a great fit.
Have you been in IT for a year or two and feel like you're stuck? Come expand your skill set and knowledge!
Our offices are located in Maryville, TN but we operate in the Knoxville area.
The applicant must:
- Have a minimum of 1 year working in an IT-related field
- Have a passion for helping others
- Have a passion for technology and its use in general
- Work independently and as part of a small team
- Have loads of initiative and be able to complete projects without intervention or prodding
- Have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Be familiar with troubleshooting the Windows operating system
- Have a basic understanding of Active Directory
- Have familiarity with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, NAT, and firewalls.
- Know the difference between 802.11n and 802.11ac (which one is faster?)
- Be able to listen and ask the right questions in order to ascertain the scope of a problem
- Know the difference between POP and IMAP protocols (which is generally considered better?)
- Be able to work efficiently and multitask while tracking time on projects
- Work with a ticketing system
- Follow documentation procedures
- Be comfortable working remotely and in-person
- Think logically and perform root cause analysis over and over and over and over and over until the problem is fixed
- Understand hardware and software and be able to troubleshoot them independently and interdependently
- Be able to drive a personal vehicle to/from client sites
- Be able to lift 50+ pounds
- Know the difference between phillips and flathead screwdrivers
What is the salary for this position?
- Pay range is $35,000-$45,000 depending upon experience
Are other benefits offered with this position?
- Yes! They will be discussed along with the offer of employment